Labor and Litigation
The Urban Law Firm counsels clients on a broad range of labor matters—both compliance issues and litigation. Our areas of expertise include wrongful termination, grievances, wage and hour, employee benefits, family and medical leave, and race, sex and disability discrimination issues.
Current and former clients include labor organizations, non-profits, multi-employer trust funds, private businesses and individuals.
Clients have engaged our attorneys for a wide variety of services, including:
- Labor arbitrations;
- Negotiating and drafting employment, severance agreements and collective bargaining agreements;
- Participating in and facilitating mediation and arbitration;
- Pre-litigation counseling to prevent costly claims and litigation;
- Representing clients before the EMRB and NLRB;
- Drafting employee handbooks and policy and procedure manuals;
- Responding to claims and investigations by the EEOC and DFEH;
- Prosecuting and defending wage and hour claims;
- Appearing at civil service hearings and before all government agencies;
- Litigating matters through discovery, summary judgment and trial.
LABOR AND LITIGATION ATTORNEYs
- Michael A. Urban
- Paul D. Cotsonis
» See All Practice Areas