Attorneys with The Urban Law Firm have vast experience providing clients advice and representation on compliance with campaign finance and election laws. Attorneys with The Urban Law Firm have advised labor unions, political action committees, caucuses, candidates, and even presidential campaigns on myriad election laws.
Errors in compliance with campaign finance and election laws can be incredibly costly. Many violations can lead only to civil fines, but some violations can lead to criminal prosecution. That is why it is incredibly important to ensure you are complying with campaign finance and reporting obligations at all times.
Election Law Services Provided
- Research and analysis of Nevada campaign finance laws to specific circumstances;
- Research and analysis of Federal campaign finance laws to specific circumstances;
- Preparation of documents filed with the Nevada Secretary of State for committee formation;
- Review of new regulations, which effect Nevada and Federal campaign finance laws;
- Reconciliation of campaign finance reports and receipts to ensure accurate reporting;
- Preparation of quarterly and year-end campaign finance reports for filing with the appropriate election authority;
- Preparing and reconciling checks for political contributions and spending;
- Preparation of organization-wide election and campaign finance law compliance programs and policies.
- Training for officers of campaign and other committees on compliance and applicable election laws;
- Conducting regular meetings with clients on developments in client’s election law needs.
Government Affairs Attorneys
- Michael A. Urban
- Nathan R. Ring
» See All Practice Areas