For more than 30 years lawyers with The Urban Law Firm have specialized in the representation of Taft-Hartley trust funds.
Our clients are among the country's largest Taft-Hartley trusts. They include The Southern Nevada Operating Engineers Trust Funds and The Administrative Corporation, The Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Trust Funds, The International Trowel Trades Fringe Benefit Trust Funds and The Boilermakers National Trust Funds.
Broad experience with the boards of trustees of jointly administered trusts gives our attorneys a surpassing degree of expertise in this complex field of law. Services include:
- Reviewing plan documents, amendments and new legislation that affects the plans.
- Defending boards of trustees and trusts in Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service audits.
- Advising boards of trustees regarding fiduciary liability and prohibited transaction issues.
- Preparing plan amendments.
- Representing boards of trustees and trusts in participant appeals on denials of benefits, disability pension awards, and early and regular pension awards.
- Representing boards of trustees and trusts in federal and state lawsuits brought by beneficiaries who have been denied benefits.
- Reviewing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders for pension plans.
- Representing boards of trustees and trusts in litigation with third parties.
- Representing boards of trustees and trusts in litigation and arbitration in federal and state courts regarding the collection of unpaid fringe benefit contributions.
» See All Practice Areas